Neck Ache, Stiffness and Pain
Your neck is made up of vertebrae and ligaments and nerves, just as complex as your spine. It also supports one of the heaviest parts of your body- your skull. Any inflammation or damage to the neck can significantly reduce movement and impact upon your quality of life.
Injuries to your neck can cause multiple conditions:
- More than just a headache, these are repeated, sever and last for many hours.
- Can be caused by nerve impingement in the Cervical joints.
- Whiplash Injury
- The sudden forward and backward movement of the head and neck
- Most commonly occurring in car accidents, can happen with high impact sporting injuries.
- Strains and Spasms
- Sleeping on the couch badly, bad ergonomics on your work space can lead to muscle strains
- Left untreated can cause lack of movement, headaches and more.
- Spondylosis Degeneration of the disc between the cervical vertebrae
The sooner you seek treatment, the sooner you will have your quality of life back. If not treated problems with the neck could lead to tingling or numb feeling.
You could feel a weakness in the neck that reaches into the shoulder and down through the arms and fingers, which may mean that you find it more difficult to grip objects. In addition, people may find that they have issues with their balance and coordination, or their bladder or bowel control.